Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Staying Warm

DSCN6826 DSCN6825 DSCN6828

I’m feeling mighty cheery this morning as we hit double digits today… yes, we’re considering 10 degrees a heat wave!  That said, I’m bundling up a bit more than yesterday with additional layers and thicker tights.

In the meantime, flu and colds are going around, so I made some homemade chicken noodle soup tonight to help those ailing bodies.  My homemade chicken noodle soup is similar to Tyler Florence’s chicken noodle soup – I add a few more seasonings (red chili flakes for heat, dill for freshness, extra veggies like corn or peas…), but overall, very similar.

photo (42)

I also made red beans and rice (warm and hearty = perfect for chilly winter nights!) and next, I am off to make my momma’s famous lasagna – SO good it’s slightly unbearable.

photo (48) 

5 comments:

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Ooh, the lasagna looks good!

And I think you look fab in red, the ruffles are a fun detail!

Mica T said...

Yum, that food looks delicious!


Hope you are keeping warm :)

Away From The Blue

Chiamaka Abasilim said...

The lasagna looks yummy. Now am hungry.

http://thinkworkandgo.blogspot.com/

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Finally a foodie post. You are such a great cook. Craving that lasagna right now. The outfit is great too and so girly for work. Love all the layers between the 2 tops.

maria at inredningsvis said...

Wow it looks so DELISH :) I hope you had a great weekend dear.

Check out my new post....a delish recipy you MUST try :)

Have a fab week

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor