Thursday, June 26, 2014

Maternity Must Have

DSCN8504

DSCN8501 DSCN8494

If there’s one thing that’s a maternity must have, it’s getting refitted with good lingerie (as body will certainly grow in areas…), so I’m thankful that the past 2 weekend just happened to be the Victoria’s Secret semi annual sale.  Perfect timing!  The last time I visited, I got a very pushy obnoxious sales person and ended up walking away angry and tears brimming.  This time I had a wonderful experience and left with a bag full of love!

Support for “the girls” reminders:

1) Find the right sales person! If someone’s going to be up in your personal space like this, make sure you like her. 

2) Get fitted.  If you’ve never been fitted and you think you know your size, you probably don’t.  Get fitted; it’s helpful! 

3) Don’t get fitted in the main shopping area.  I see people doing this and I have no idea what they’re thinking.  It’s just not accurate sizing if you’re not actually trying on the different sizes to confirm fit. 

4) Don’t get stuck in the mom-bra (yes, it’s as bad as a mom-jean).  Of course, you’ll have to have a few more practical style bras, but don’t get stuck in that rut overall.  Have fun with it and make sure to get something that makes you feel sexy.  Then it will no longer be Victoria’s Secret, but yours!

image

Bump Date: pic taken @ 33 weeks

11 comments:

Chiamaka Abasilim said...

Love you LBD and I always go for fitting anytime I want to get new lingerie. And I have never had the displeasure of meeting a nasty sales person. I thought their motto is to always be nice at all time regardless of their feelings or the attitude of their client. Anyway, it's good you got your perfect fit.

http://thinkworkandgo.blogspot.com/

Erica C. said...

I just have to say that I'm sooo excited about your little bundle of joy. I've been a faithful reader for a long time and I am just giddy over the new addition to your family.

You radiate!!!

Londyn said...

Thanks Chiamaka! My dress is actually dark plum :-)

Londyn said...

Awww, thanks Erica! We're super excited too!

So glad you enjoy my little blog and stop by!!

Rachel Lynne said...

What a gorgeous dress, and your baby bump is seriously adorable!

LaraBeTheOne said...

Cute look!

Mica T said...

That is such a beautiful dress on you! you are looking amazing, 33 weeks already, time has flown! You must be getting even more excited now!

Definitely need good fitting underwear in pregnancy - the wrong bra can contribute to mastitis post birth which is crazy! So good timing with the sale and you getting a chance to get fitted :)

Away From The Blue

Ollyvia Laura Arnold said...

SUPER LOVE THE OUTFIT :)

SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS
SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS PAGE
INSTAGRAM
YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

That dress fits you well - you look fab!

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Love that dress in a nice dark color and classic silhouette and I agree about the bra fitting. Pregnancy and post-partum body is different than regular, pre-pregnancy body.

chiara said...

Lovely look! I agree on all points. During my pregnancy, I changed bra size three times, so every time I had to buy some new bras, but the right bra fit is so important on how clothes look!